Jersey Coast Shark Anglers
JERSEY COAST SHARK ANGLERS 2021 TOURNAMENT RULES FLUKE
1. Attendance at the captains meeting is MANDATORY, BUT CAPTAIN/ANGLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING
ALL THE RULES AND ANY RULE CHANGES MADE AT THE CAPTAINS MEETING.
2. Each boat is eligible to win ONLY ONE PRIZE OR ONE PLACE.
3. Fishing may commence at 5:00am (honor system) on the scheduled tournament date.
If due to weather conditions the tournament must be postponed the first alternate date will be Sunday.
If weather persists the tournament will be cancelled.
4. If the tournament cannot be held on this alternate date the winners will be drawn out of a hat.
5. In case of a tie, the prize money will be split equally.
6. In the event that all three places are not filled with eligible fish, the remaining prize money shall be split proportionately between the other winners.
7. VHF CHANNEL 71 WILL BE THE TOURNAMENT CHANNEL. VHF CHANNEL 65 WILL BE THE ALTERNATE.
If any vessel/angler cannot reach a committee boat on either channel
please call 732-773-3409 or 201-401-0287 for the tournament contacts.
8. WEIGH-INS WILL BE BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 3:00pm and 5:00pm at
Captain Bill’s Landing and JCSA 385 Herbertsville Rd. Brick NJ 08724
9. ALL FEDERAL AND STATE RULES AND REGULATIONS PREVAIL.
10. ALL JUNOR ANGLERS 17 AND UNDER FISH FREE WITH A PAID REGISTERED ADULT.
FISH WEIGHED BY A JUNIOR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE ADULT THEY ARE FISHING WITH AND BOTH MUST SIGN THE WEIGH SLIP.
JUNIOR PRIZES DO NOT INCLUDE CASH.
11. Positively no transferring of fish between anglers and/or boat.
12. All boats/anglers fish at there own risk, the captain/angler is solely responsible for the boat, jetty fishing or any other type of fishing.
13. All winners must submit their social security number and proper ID BEFORE THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED.
They must fill out all paper work at the time of the awards and submit the same prior to receiving cash prizes. NO EXCEPTIONS.
14. All fish shall be weighed in their natural state.
15. Any protest must be presented to the Tournament Chairperson on the day of the alleged infraction.
The Chairperson, Committee and Weigh Master shall serve as judge and all decisions will be final.
16. JCSA may retain a certified MARINE BIOLOGIST TO ENSURE THAT EACH FISH HAS BEEN CAUGHT
DURING THE TOURNAMENT HOURS AND THE METHOD OF CATCH WAS ROD AND REEL.
17. If there is any alleged infraction or question about a winning fish the CAPTAIN/ANGLER will be asked to take a
POLYGRAPH TEST AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE.
If captain/angler refuses they will automatically forfeit the Place in the tournament and ALL MONIES WON.
18. ALL TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
19. In the event that the tournament is not 100% filled, a straight percentage of the cash prizes will be awarded on the number entered.
20. ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT IN NEW JERSEY WATERS and all anglers must obey current fishing regulations.
21. THIS IS A PER BOAT/KAYAK TOURNAMENT.
22. THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT and returned to JCSA 385 Herbertsville Rd. Brick NJ 08724
no later than the captain’s meeting for the corresponding tournament.
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations set fourth above and will conduct myself in a sportsman like manner while fishing this tournament. I also release the Jersey Coast Anglers, its Officers, Tournament Committee and Sponsors from any and all Liability for personal injury arising from participation in this tournament. I have advised my crew, mates and paying anglers fishing the tournament with me that the above mentioned parties will not be held responsible for property loss or personal injury occurring during tournament participation. I further certify that I am the owner and/ or operator of the vessel and I specifically confirm to the Jersey Coast Shark Anglers and their insurance carrier that I have protection and indemnity insurance coverage in the vessel and as an angler I have insurance coverage and shall provide the name, address an policy number of the carrier to the tournament committee upon its request.